Configuring PBNigma from scratch

tommycahir

Configuring PBNigma from scratch

Postby tommycahir » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:13 pm

Hi All

There is no guide on configuring PBNigma from scratch on the wetek so I have created the below specifically for S2 tuner models, if you have any corrections/updates etc then let me know as this will be updated as needed.

# I do not take responsibility for any lost or damage to your system or device, This is done at your own risk! #

Prerequisite notes:
  • If you are using the openelec remote (Image) from Menu->setup->system->RCU Select and the ELEChwtest keymap from setup->system->keymap
  • All of the below guide has been done using the standard enigma2 remote (Image) from wetek, it only costs €10 inc delivery (Shop Link) and resolves the issues some people see with the openelec one where it seems to constantly scroll like there is a button stuck (possible solution to this under the advanced section below) .
  • If you are going to use OSCAM or are going to install the slyk1 HD v2 skin below then you will need an FTP client a good commonly used one is filezilla but there are loads out there that will do the job.
    - Filezilla basic user guide
    - Youtube guide on using Filezilla
  • The default FTP username is admin or root and default password is powerboard from v5.3 the new default password is power board
  • To find your IP Addresss go to Menu-> Setup-> Network-> Device Setup-> Lan Setup (WLan option if that is used)-> Adapter settings
    - Note that if you have DHCP set to Yes then your IP Address may change periodically, if you want a static IP address then you need to change the settings here.
  • When choosing a mSD card it is recommended to use at least 2GB, personally I prefer a min 8GB. The faster the speed the better and use a well known brand from a trusted retailer as some people have reported problems with cheap cards off of ebay or aliexpress.

Basic configuration

• download image from http://pb-download.com/images/5.1/wetekplay/
  • Burn to micro-SD (mSD) Card using Win32diskimager or Roadkil Disk Imager on windows (Guide for Mac OS)
  • load the micro-SD (mSD) card into wetek and reboot box
  • Use the wizard to set up your basic features.
  • for scanning use the below
  • - Configuration mode: simple
  • - Mode: Single
  • - Satellite: automatic ( or 28.2e)
  • - Send DiSEqc: yes/no depending whether you have a motorised dish or not
  • Go make a brew as this scan will take about 15/20 minutes.
  • On complete if using Astra 28.2e this will find about 900+ channels. Anything significantly less than that will mean you dish will need a bit of a realignment tweak.
  • Make sure your wetek box is connected into your internet (wired preferable) and it should automatically connect after the network wizard.
Now you should have a basic install running with FTA channels

Installing OSCAM
I would recommend installing OSCam r11209
  • Go to the menu->plugins
  • press green button to bring up the plugin feed
  • scroll down to OSCam r11209 and install it
  • Go back to the menu->plugins and choose powerboard centre
  • choose the cam manager there and start OSCAM
  • I recommend a reboot here to get things started cleanly
How to add your line details (method 1)
  • FTP your oscam.server and oscam.user files to /etc/tuxbox/config_oscam/ (default ftp username and password noted above)
  • Note: If you got a CLine and need to generate the oscam.server and oscam.user files then use the following CCAM-OSCAM converter tool
  • It should work straight away but may need a reboot again.
You may or may not need to go into the oscam webui and configure the DVB API setting
  • go to the oscam webui @ http://boxipaddress:8888 (port number depends on oscam version can be 8888, 16001 or 14771)
  • choose Config->DVB-Api
  • - Enabled: ticked
  • - AU: ticked
  • - Boxtype: dreambox
  • all other setting should remain the same.
  • click save

How to add your line details (method 2)
  • go to the oscam webui @ http://boxipaddress:8888 (port number depends on oscam version can be 8888, 16001 or 14771)
  • Choose Files-> oscam.server
  • Take your oscam.server details and copy and paste them into this window
  • You may need to add audisabled = 1 to the bottom of the file if not already there.
  • Note: If you got a n/cline and need to generate the oscam.server and oscam.user files then use the following CCAM-OSCAM converter tool
  • click save
  • It should work straight away but may need a reboot again.

Configuring EPG
  • go to Menu->setup->XMLTV-Importer (in PBNigma 5.3 this is called EPG Importer)
  • Daily Automatic import - enable
  • Automatic start time - 05:30
  • Click the blue button on the remote (* on openelec iirc)
  • scroll down and choose Rytec UK XMLTV
  • click green button on remote to save
  • click Yellow button to manually run an import
  • Go make a brew as this scan will take about 15/20 minutes.
  • Once completed click green button on remote to save

Install autobouquets E2 (I prefer autobouquets E2 to built in autobouquets)
  • Download the latest plugin .ipk from http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread. ... 085&page=4
  • Open FTP client and connect to wetek box
  • Copy IPK file to /var/volatile/tmp
  • go to Menu->Plugins->media scanner
  • choose the option 4)Memory /tmp
  • It will then prompt you to choose a plugin, make sure to select it and then click button to install
  • go back to menu->plugins and you should see it now on the main menu

Configuring autobouquets E2
  • go to Menu->Plugins->autobouquets E2 (it may crash the system on 1st use so just have patience and try again after a bluescreen) when you go back it will bring up a summary screen,
  • click menu to get to detailed screen and change settings as per below
  • - Local area selection: Republic of Ireland
  • - Numbersystem: SD
  • - Scan Mode: Available HD
  • - CPU Architecture Type: ARM
  • - Bouquet Channel Sort: Large 1st Bouquet (up to you this is my personal pref)
  • - Add Ch Number to Name: Yes (this will add the numbers to epg like on sky etc if skin settings allow)
  • - Make all default bouquets: No (set to no if you want to move or delete bouquets in openwebif)
  • - Hide blank placeholders: Yes
  • - Bouquet display style: style 2 (personal preference here again)
  • - Create autopicons: No (I don't use picons so have disbaled this)
  • - Automatic Updates: Yes
  • - Time of update to start: 05:00
  • - Repeat how often: Daily
  • click green button on remote to save and return to summary screen
  • click green button on remote to start the generation of bouquets
have a play around with the settings here to find one that works for you, there is help text at the bottom of the menu to guide you and

Installing Slyk1 HD skin
I personally use Slyk1 HD so am only going to cover this, if anybody has steps on installing other skins then please post below
The following is a great place for enigma skins & picons > http://e2skin.blogspot.co.uk and the same basic install steps apply
  • Download the v2 skin .ipk (attached below)as from all testing slyk1 HD v3 puts pbnigma on wetek into a bootloop on startup.
    enigma2-plugin-skins-slyk1hd_2.003-20151203_all.zip
    Sly k1 HD skin
    (1.75 MiB) Downloaded 238 times

I have now confirmed that the SLYK1 HD V4 skin will also work with latest PBnigma 5.3 image , the latest SLYK1 HD V4 skin can be downloaded from TechKings thread and installed using the same steps below
  • Open FTP client and connect to wetek box
  • Copy IPK file to /var/volatile/tmp
  • go to Menu->Plugins->media scanner
  • choose the option 4)Memory /tmp
  • It will then prompt you to choose a plugin, make sure to select it and then click button to install
  • go to menu->setup->system->User interface->skin setup (Video Guide on selecting new skins)
  • select sly-k1-hd and click OK/green button.
  • The system will then update the skin and reboot
This video will also guide you on how to manually install a skin if needed using a FTP client - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ujk9QTIFoy4

Configuring the Slyk1 HD v2 skin for optimal use

These are all personal preferences, play around with the settings to find a configuration that works for you
EPG Settings
  • go to epg screen
  • click on menu and the settings screen will appear
  • I have set the following but choose any options you prefer
  • view mode: graphics
  • picture in graphics: yes
  • service title mode: service name only
  • skip empty services: yes
  • base time: 30 minutes
  • primetime hour: 20
  • primetime minute: 0
  • number of rows: 8 (more if Picture in Graphics in not enabled)
  • service width: 150
  • picon width: 70
  • timeline scale: 120

Channel list settings
  • press up button for channel list
  • click menu
  • choose settings
  • alternative number: no
  • channel list service mode: standard
  • enable multiple bouquets: Yes
  • show channel numbers in channel selection: no (If using numbers from autobouquets E2 then set to no otherwise set to yes)
  • show crypto icons: none
  • show service type icons: none
  • show record indicator: right from service name
  • show columns: 200px wide - this sets the program name away from service name
  • Number of rows: 16

Picons
If anybody has a guide I can add here it would be greatly appreciated

Mounting USB or external HDD storage
Summarised from the following guide by apinky79 - viewtopic.php?f=53&t=416
Note: Some users have reported that the wetek can not power external USB HDDs so my recommendation is to use a large USB stick, an external drive with its own power supply or to use an actively powered usb hub to attach the HDD.

• Attach your USB HDD to the wetek using the port at the back.
  • On your enigma2 remote double press the blue button,
  • Highlight the powerboard-center and press ok.
  • Scroll down to Powerboard-system-setup and press ok,
  • Now go into PB Device Manager and you should see your External usb drive.
  • Press the red button to go into partitions
  • Press the yellow button format the filesystem
  • In the pop-up choose the 2nd option "Format ext3", this will take a couple of minutes to complete
  • Press red again to mount your device and then red again to okay the mount (on some skins this appears as a blank screen)
  • You should now see at the bottom left of the partitions menu that your usb hdd is mounted by the red tab saying unmount.(if you ever wish to remove your usb hdd for any reason follow the steps above and when on this screen press red to unmount your hdd safely)
I always reboot my wetek after and changes I make to my system and would recommend you do the same.

Configuring recording/timers
Summarised from the following guide by apinky79 - viewtopic.php?f=53&t=416
Note: You need to have mounted your USB HDD as per the above steps 1st before continuing any further
  • Press menu, Go to setup,system,and then recording settings.
  • Review the settings here below the "Default movie location" 1st as for some reason changing settings after choosing the Default movie location
  • reset the Default movie location :(
  • Press OK on remote to go into Default movie location,
  • Press menu on your remote
  • Select switch to filelist.
  • The yellow bar should now be at the top.
  • Highlight Parent directory
  • Press OK on your remote,
  • Now highlight list of storage devices and press OK on your remote.
  • You should now see your external usb drive listed, highlight it
  • Press OK on your remote
  • Now highlight the folder named movie (if this doesn't exist then press menu, choose option 3 and type the directory name using the remote (Nokia 3210 style ;) )
  • Press green to select it
  • You should now be back at the Recording settings with the Default movie location set to /media/hdd/movie/
  • Your timer recording location and instant recording location should be set to <Default movie location> or /media/hdd/movie/
  • Press the green button to save the settings
  • Exit out off the set-up menu's back to live TV and you should be good to go!
How to set your default PVR location
  • Press the PVR button on your remote
  • Press the yellow button to go into location
  • Navigate to /media/hdd/
  • Highlight the folder /media/hdd/movie
  • Press OK
  • This will change the location to the planner so all you recordings will show from your hdd.

How to watch your wetek channels from other devices
Extracting your channels to a m3u file (Video Guide)
  • Open your web interface by typing your wetek box ip address in a browser
  • You will land on a page with a list of all your bouquets
  • On each section you will see a small TV icon, click on that and it will download the services.m3u file for you with all channels in that bouquet.
  • If you expand the bouquet you can see the samm tv icon on the RHS, click that if you only want the stream.m3u for that specific channel
  • You can then use this M3U file in other devices such as playlist loader in Kodi or in VLC on a laptop or desktop.
The following guide also shows you how to access your wetek channels via the vu+/Enigma2 PVR client on kodi
It is also possible to use an app on your android or iOS device to access the wetek TV channels, the below are the apps that I or other wetek users have tried and have worked without issues for us.
There are of course others that are available so if you have a positive experience with them let me know and I will add them to the above list.

Backup and Recovery
There are 2 methods that I am aware of for backup and recovery of the pbnigma install
Backup of complete micro-SD (mSD) card
  • Remove your mSD card from your wetek (after you have your image set-up the way you like it).
  • Pop it into a card reader connected to your pc
  • Create a dummy file somewhere on your PC with the name of the backup and .img extension (eg PBNigma-backup-20160324.img)
  • Open win32diskimager (or other alternatives linked above) to read/backup your mSD card iso (your wetek image) to your pc,
  • Click the folder icon and browse to the .img file you created earlier
  • Ensure that the Device letter beside the folder icon is the one where you just inserted the
  • Click on the "read" button.
  • At this point, when your iso (image) is written/ created on your pc in the file created above,
For recovery you can burn it to another mSD card using win32DiskImager, in the same way you burnt your original pbnigma image.

Advanced settings/usage
The following are some guides on the more advanced topics which an enigma2 image is capable of and may be possible with a wetek box

Note: If you are looking for free IPTV links then you will have to go scouring the net the following blog shows how to create the IPTV playlist
HOW TO CREATE YOUR OWN IPTV CHANNEL LISTS FOR KODI
The following websites are a good start to look for IPTV streams:
the only word of caution is that these links can die quickly for popular services such as sports etc so can be some work in maintaining them.

Change Log
11/Aug - Updated default username to add root as an option
01/July - Added some more tutorials on advanced section on installing dreamplex, kodidirect and kodidirect addons
01/July - Added link SLYK1 HD4 skin and added alternative method to add line details
17/May - Added link to tutorial on how to remove RF unit
17/May - Added links to IPTV sites in advanced section if some sources are needed for testing
16/May - Added link to skins and Picons download site, added some topics under advanced settings/usage for IPTV and Plex
15/Apr - Added OTT player to the list of Android suitable viewers
12/Apr - Moved warning on Openelec remote to the start of the guide
01/Apr - Added some settings for slyk1 HD skin and fixed typos
01/Apr - Updated cccam to oscam converter tool link
25/Mar - added default ftp username and password to OSCAM section
24/Mar - Added warning disclaimer, backup and recovery details, alternative mSD card imagers and mount HDD and set timers options
23/Mar - Added details on accessing wetek TV channels on other devices

"One community, many voices"

tommycahir

Useful sites and forums

Postby tommycahir » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:41 am

below are some of the most useful sites and forums I have found

Not directly related to wetek but general satellite box sw and plugins

cobidel78

Re: Configuring PBNigma from scratch

Postby cobidel78 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:58 pm

I have thats one of the easiest layout of instructions i have see for any of the boxes i have worked with so far.

Would you mind if i asked you one question about it.

tommycahir

Postby tommycahir » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:12 am

sure fire ahead, what can I try and help with?

pyrotech

Postby pyrotech » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:22 pm

Thanks for this, especially on setting up the openELEC RCU... was pulling my hair out before reading your guide... sitting here now watching astra channels download...

dangerdred

Postby dangerdred » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:41 am

Have installed pbnigma on mSDcard on my wetek openelec - play. I've set the system to my openelec RCU and have loaded the HWtest key map. I've set up both my tuners and managed to scan my satellite but a lot of times now I'm getting either frozen screens or unresponsive RCU to the point where I'm pulling the power cable fairly frequently for a reboot. It's making the system generally unusable. Is there anyone else having these kinds of problems?

E2 RCU is €20 delivered

tommycahir

Postby tommycahir » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:51 pm

I had issues with the system freezing each morning on the latest v5.3 image, I am now back running the v5.1 image from Feb 11th as a result.
If you are using oscam to get sly/vermin channels then check the live log on oscam GUI to see if there is poor response here or some error when decrypting the channels as that can cause freezes aswell.

whowantstwoknow

Postby whowantstwoknow » Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:08 am

Hi Tommy,

Thanks for the guide. I've been searching online but nothing definite. I have a PlayTV USB tuner which I'd like to add and tune for the irish stations but haven't a clue how to proceed nor know if its possible. Would you have any pointers?

Thanks

W.

tommycahir

Postby tommycahir » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:05 am

Hi, You'll need to figure out what usb drivers the tuner needs and then see if they are in the plugin feed and load them before the tuners will work..

Spellman

Postby Spellman » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:00 pm

Hi Tommy
Im in the middle of setting up PBNigma 5.3 with Slyq 1.7.
Struggling to get sizing just right on skin but will keep going
once sorted will move onto Openelec side.
Hopefully less crashing and freezing.

Return to “Wetek”